9/2/10

I Wonder ..... To Eat Or Not To Eat The Silkworm ?


I guess if I had to I could. Seems the crickets mealworms hornworms and superworms I'm working on breeding can also be eaten mmm...think I'll just wait a bit before I brave that one. Hard to find a good recipe except for that hornworm and tomato dish I keep coming across in my searches. I've heard from someone who ate a variety of raw bugs for a prank said that crickets and mealworms taste like whatever they are being fed. One day maybe but not the silkworms they are way too friendly I feel bad feeding them to my pets let alone eating them myself. It is nature though to consume ,everything eats everything else its a sacred foundation of all life.Shamans honor the animals and plants they take for food with that kind of respect and appreciation before and after ,nothing is wasted,  eating is guilt free. It's funny the saying "don't play with your food " hee hee ya I might become friends with it and not be able to eat it anymore. Wow, now I am totally confused about the idea of peace silk if the pupae is eaten after the silk is taken humanly done stifling maybe not such a bad thing and still peaceful .