8/20/10

Albino Silkworm

Breeding silkworms now . Well trying quite the challenge :) This one is the only albino in a group of 50 that I just bought .I've got a beautiful big mulberry tree in my back yard . These guys love fresh leaves .  I always loved that tree over the years I've been watching it grow . Mulberry has so many functions beauty creams herbal remedies and food for these amazing caterpillars . Might spin some peace silk one day since I can't use them for feeders they are just way to beautiful for that :) My guys will eat the dead moths so there will be no waste . Plus I just bought a box of 1000 superworms that should keep them very happy for awhile :)

WHOOPS ! This guy is no longer with us :( I accidentally popped him trying to pick him up . OH the lessons of nature no matter how gentle sometimes nature should just be left as she is in her perfect ways  .
I find this with my mediation one of my non absolute general rules is don't touch just observe the more I try sometimes the harder is it .