3/6/10

Sun Struck

This girl is a vedgie eater but once in awhile absolutely loves a meally worm :)
She is not with me any more but I loved the time I spent with her . I adopted her out it was to dangerous for her here and for my cats in return . She was not trained when I got her and was very defensive . She broke from her cage and refused to go back into it . Don't blame her :) The lower pic shows the first time she found the window hence the smile which is actually some banana stuck to her lip but it works anyway. If she could smile with those lizard lips she would. I gave her  to a man who foster parents dogs and has been in the paper for having over 10 iguana's . He built her a really nice big enclosure and takes her out for summer walks . Her dream of being out in the real sun came true :) A side note you might be able to find this photo on National Geographic as it was chosen for one of its weekly selections. 

A pdf file for everything there is to know about taking care of iguanas